Big news! Forest Admin has just become much faster 🏎️. We know how important it is for you to access user data immediately, and our engineers have worked relentlessly to decrease the loading time and improve the overall performance of Forest Admin. You should already see the difference 🤩.
Last month, we also worked on shipping more widgets to smart action forms, revamping approval workflows, giving you more flexibility around permissions, and creating tutorials to inspire you. Let's dive in!
How to customize your Admin Panel for Customer Success teams
Customer Success is at the heart of every successful business, and we believe your admin panel should be tailored to meet the unique needs of the CS Team. In fact, a great number of Forest Admin users have made it the central hub of their support operations.
Whether this is your case already or if you're getting started with Forest Admin, our new tutorial will help make sure your CS team will be equipped with tools that enhance their productivity. You will learn:
- The most efficient ways to access and manage user data.
- How to let your teams close and reopen tickets, reset users' passwords, change their plans, block users who violate rules, apply a promo code, and impersonate a user.
- How to set up dashboards for tracking user behaviour and your team's KPIs.
- How to create a Customer Finder that will display all related data and action buttons after searching a user's name.
New product improvements 🥳 and what is coming soon
Last month, we released improvements to features based on your feedback and requests. Here is what's new:
New widgets in smart actions forms.
In the previous release notes, you've read about numerous new widgets that allow you to customize smart action forms to your needs, e.g. whenever you need to ask for user input before taking an action.
This month we released five more widgets:
- An address autocomplete widget that allows you to input an address as a text value, autocompleted by the Google Maps API.
- A dropdown widget that allows you to select a value from a list of options.
- A user dropdown widget, useful for assigning a team member to a record.
- A time picker widget that allows you to select a time frame.
- A file picker widget for hassle-free file upload.
Revamped approval workflows.
Approval workflows are a feature used by many of you, especially managers who need to approve actions performed by team members, such as allowing significant refunds or exporting user data.
We've just improved the way it looks based on your feedback:
- We've added more columns to display who the requesters are and their teams.
- We also added a link the record on which the action has been made.
More flexibility in enabling permissions
As a manager, you can now set up default permissions for smart actions and collection permissions. We strongly encourage you to do that as it saves a lot of time when onboarding new users - you won't have to give permissions to each of them manually!
This is another feature we developed after hearing your feedback. So if you have any feature or improvement request, don't hesitate to reach out to us!
New Case Study. How Raylo improved Customer Support efficiency with Forest Admin
We have recently interviewed the Head of Operations of Raylo, an innovative subscription payment platform that lets retailers offer a variety of electronic devices through subscriptions. Here is what he said about Forest Admin:
We use Forest Admin at Raylo on a daily basis. Our customers expect us to promptly address their tickets, and Forest Admin saves us a significant amount of time by providing a single space where we can easily access all customer data, the UI to resolve customer issues, and dashboards to monitor business operations and identify trends.
Coming soon 🚀
- We're continuously working on making Forest Admin faster.
- Soon we're going to release more improvements to the new approval workflows: Advanced filters that will allow you to display data from specific teams or collections, narrow the time frame, or group by status, and more export options.
- You'll get more flexibility in editing the UI by being able to resize the width of your columns in the table view.
Special announcement: Let's meet in Paris! 🥐
On the 8th of November, we are organising an in-person event to discuss all things related to Customer Support: common challenges, tools, and how to automate workflows to make the CS operations more efficient. One of our special guests is Ali El Alaoui, the Head of Operations Engineering at Qonto, and we will meet at Qonto's office in Paris, 18 Rue de Navarin.
More info about the event and special guests is coming soon. If you're interested in joining the event, please reach out to us.
Interested in previous release notes?